Thread: fat disease?
View Single Post
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 04:31   #47
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Re: fat disease?

Thermodude. You seem to have misunderstood my post entirely. At no point did I insult people for being overweight. I insulted people who are fat who have attitudes as I stated. People who moan about being overweight or people who go around shouting about how great it is that they are overweight (big is beautiful statement) and make absolutely no effort regarding losing their weight. I am actually quite offended that you could just skim over what I said and start shouting your mouth off at me with clearly no understanding of what I said. I take it you chose to ignore the part I said about how I respect overweight people who, say, go to the gym and at least put in effort? Strange that. Next time before screaming out about what someone says make sure you actually read what they say properly.

Me insensitive? No. Dyou not understand that I stated that sexiness is down to more than looks? Were you SO wanting to find someone to shout at that you completely ignored the fact that I didn't say you wouldn't try it with a fat person, but that I said you wouldn't try it with a fat person with an attitude that says "Hey I dont care about myself and am not going to bother trying to make myself healthier or more physically attractive"?

I am, in fact, appauled that you could so misinterperet my post and even go as far as negative repping me for it. What I said was my own opinion and at no point did I insult anything other than overweight peoples attitudes.I even mentioned that it wouldn't matter if a person were attractive and had a bad attitude - it would have the same effect. You claim that most overweight women are caring and compassionate - on what grounds do you make this claim? Are you suggesting that overweight people are better people than, say, underweight people? I have known many HORRIBLE overweight people, who were so not due to my attitude towards them as I, as you may or may not understand, would never go out of my way to offend anybody. The only reason ANYONE should be offended by my post is if they themselves has an attitude towards themselves and others that is negative.

People can be nice, nasty, rude, polite - any number of mentalities. It doesn't matter whether they are overweight or not. Do you really place so much emphasis on physical appearance rather than personality?!

I really hope you one day learn not to shout your mouth off without first realising what you are opposing.