View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 21:47   #85
rain

rain can only hope to improve
Re: Round 20 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
These new changes will mean that people will have to take a different approch to game play. Which imo is a very good thing.

Some of them might not work well but with thouragh beta testing and a round this will be picked up on and changed if nessesery esspecially if their is a huge community outcry.

I would say try them out see what you think before shouting that they will suck. These changes will make the current way people play obsolete for the majority. But it opens up so many more possibilitys to on how to approch things. Will the zik heavy alliances end up on top or will the strong clusters be the dominant force.

I think with these changes r20 will be very exciting and might inject some much needed Ooomph (no pun intended) into the game
Spoke like a true salesman.
The way I see the changes:
XP changes - bad. At least till now, non zik races had an option.
BP changes - bad. You think you´ll uniformize gal score with this? Nah, you´ll just kill em even more. Any idea how many exiles happened last round. Did you forgot r19 had a exiles winning gal?.
Cluster changes - step forward(ppl won´t realise how important c allies are next round, maybe the next few rounds, not this one though) and step backward when I´m thinking at zik´s fleetcatches in cluster, imposible to prevent)
Ally changes - really bad. Admin team reached another level of amateurism on this one. You really are unawared of alliance dinamics in a round. In a game where planets not being part of an alliance are as good as dead, you forbid joining an alliance after week1. So no alliances can be started after round starts, so few planets(and only small ones) can join an alliance after week1? LoL
Free accounts changes - more farms, multi support planets? Yes.
As a gamer, do I care about admin tools or skins? I can only hope you made those right, all other changes go in the wrong direction.
Before any other other prediction thread is open, I´ll make a prediction on number of PA rounds left: 3.