View Single Post
Unread 1 Dec 2006, 09:22   #13
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: IE 7 (hey leshy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Its a windows update becuase IE is part of windows, IE7 is in essence a more feature-full version of IE6 but with better security - why not have it as a critcal update (you can choose not to install it)? Firefox also has an update feature. The other advanatge of a critical update is that it will force web sites to fix their systems to work properly with the new security archiecture so that for thoose of us that rely on IE for certain sites will have the minimum possible period of time with lost functionality.
You missed my point.
IE is not something which should have been part of the operating system in the first place. it was tied together for political, not technical reasons and we all have to suffer the consequences of these actions today.
I have no problem with updates for the sake of security, i do have a problem with bundling and claiming it as part of an operating system when it is quite clearly a seperate application.
As a seperate application - it would have to rely on its own merits as to how successful it is and not the success of the operating system it was tied into.