Thread: Secrurity Risk
View Single Post
Unread 19 Aug 2011, 07:53   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Secrurity Risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlsey View Post
You don't have to pay for a certificate, you can create your own. The increase in HTTPS traffic for a browser game like PA is minimal.
You misunderstood: the CPU time required to encrypt pages and (to much lesser extent) decrypt requests was one of the problems I referred to. The increase in the amount of data is indeed negligible. There is an increase in page load times, though.

With HTTPS, your phone battery would last a little shorter (communication is energy intensive), the server would need/use a fair bit more processing power, some time should be invested to add mod_ssl to Apache (or whatever web server they use) amd pages would load half a second slower; none of that is particularly world-shattering, though all are a nuisance.

All that said, I have yet to see any good reason why you would possibly need HTTPS for PA: do you really think there's anyone who cares about your PA account or activity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlsey View Post
I have no problems submitting my email for registration, that is one off. Having to submit it everytime i log in however is more of a risk.
Why is that a risk?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 19 Aug 2011 at 08:04.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote