View Single Post
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 19:11   #43
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Premiership] Rovers a shitty team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
We arent even a city, we are a town with a population of about 120,000, which makes us the smallest team in the Premiership. We are in between Manchester and Liverpool and have to compete with them for fans, so we do well to have roughly 1/5th of our population attending the games. I doubt many other Premiership teams can say they have such a high population to paying fan ratio.
We have a team called Sogndal (produced such players as Tore A. Flo and Eirik Bakke) here in Norway, they got relegated last season from the best division (but prob coming up again). They come from a small place with 6000 people spread out, with maybe 2-3000 living in the town itself.
Their average attendence is something about 2700. The first match in this season, in the lower division, they had 1800 people attending. So Im not that impressed by your numbers

And no, their side plays football more like Arsenal than Rovers.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote