Unread 17 Apr 2005, 11:38   #15
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Premiership] Rovers a shitty team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
*ramblings witch I dont bother responding too*
Where is it written that football has to be played in the way Arsenal play it? Greece won the Euro Championship with a pretty similar style of play to us so i think its a valid tactic as long as its within the laws of the game.
Greece won with playing a defensive, hard-working style. They won becouse they tried to play football, just like they style their coach did with Werder Bremen a decade earlier. There is a huge difference between Greece today (and Werder Bremen a decade ago) and Rovers. No one says that Greece (or WB) plays with the flair like Barca, Real or Arsenal. However, they are focused on the ball, not trying to win by injuring all the opponents players. Playing defensivly dosent mean that you have Savage trying to injure a 17 year old by going in with a karate kick. If the referee had been up to it, Rovers would certainly be having a lot more cards out of the game than they had. All they tried to was to sabotage the game, instead of trying to play well (like they did the first part of the first half) and try to create chances.

Norway, under coach Egil "Drillo" Olsen practicly invented the defensive 4-5-1 with sone defence, agressive approach and long balls. The difference beeing if you want to play football or kickboxing. Savage, Thompson, Todd & co should consider the later.

And you dont need to do kickboxing to secure points against Arsenal, even if your a weaker team. Crystal Palace got a draw with Arsenal, and they are a worse team on paper than Shiteburn.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote