View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2019, 00:40   #11
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Support Tag, Allied Tags and Cross Defence

gm's proposal is good. Planetarion definitely needs to act on the abuse of cross alliance defense. Defense is currently not send across alliances, it's send across tags from the same alliance. From support tag to competitive tag. Avenger's objection, that the support tag would be filled with cousin accounts to meet the needed number in gm's idea, sadly blows this idea up.

I havent met anybody who fully enjoys playing in a support tag and the lower 20 spots in each alliance are thought for people playing support, scanning or just idling. There are real players in most recent support tags (carnish, astatores, the rising / pam's angel, michas marauders, etc) but sadly they also get filled with cousin accounts. The real humans could fill empty spots in the smaller alliances instead of increasing the numbers for the big alliances.

The original thought of the possibility to provide cross alliance defense is not used enough for this game function to be kept. In all recents blocks I played this wasnt really used at all or only certain people in those shared chats got cross tag def. The most recent heavy use was in the faceless, nd and p3ng block. The cross alliance defense was dropped fast though. It was commonly agreed that it's more of a benefit to remove the ability for the opposing block to declare war to all three alliances at once. I think there is hardly any cross alliance def sent compared to the traffic across tags from the same alliance.

The only solution I see is to >> REMOVE THE ABILITY TO DEFEND ALLIED ALLIANCES <<

This will finally remove the defensive support tags and hardly influence real cooperation of alliances.
This is a key difference between an allied or a napped alliance. In future napped alliances could have less protection and be hittable for covert ops for example.