View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 01:57   #274
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough
Re: Andromeda Pirates - The Succession Wars

SO: "It seems like The Gripstar is preparing an attack run on the asteroid base as well, Dr. Burnham."

TO: "It may not be enough. The shields on those asteroids seem pretty strong. We may need our fighters to bring them down. We are close enough to the target to keep our fighters clear from other asteroids using our advanced AFD and AMD systems."

No1: "Captain, I suggest we launch the fighters. Speed is of the essence here. If we can capture these things before those carriers arrive we'll stand a much better chance against them."

Burnham: "Alright, launch the fighters. Wayne, you're in charge of the fighters. Bring down those shields and keep internal damage to the base at a minimum; I want that thing intact. As soon as their shields are out, launch the assault shuttle with Kyra's boarding party to take over the asteroid base. Letice, use the AFD and AMD systems to keep any stray asteroids away from our fighters."

WC: "Yes Dr. Burnham."

TO: "Sure, honey.

No1: "What about those destroyers? They've fired up their engines and are coming this way. It would be foolish to ignore them for much longer."

SO: "I have a suggestion regarding the destroyers. It's a long shot, but we may be able to stall them and, if we're lucky, maybe cause some damage as well."

Burnham: "Let's hear it."

SO: "Well, we're inside an asteroid field and asteroids aren't exactly known for their stable trajectories. A small change in gravity can greatly affect their course. We may not have massdrivers, but we do have a great number of gravatic missiles. Perhaps we could aim them in such a way that their implosions will cause some of the asteroids to be sucked into the way of those destroyers. My schematics show that they have no AMD/AFD systems or missiles of their own to protect themselves against incoming asteroids, so all they can do, is try to evade them, and that requires time as well as skill."

Burnham: "Hm, I like the sound of that suggestion. Investigate the possibility at once, use as many gravatic missiles as you like. Any damage we can cause before they get here is good."

SO: "Yes Dr. Burnham, I'll start working on it straight away."

------------------------
ACTIONS:

- Launch fighters and attack asteroid base until shields are down.
- Launch assault shuttle with boarding party (2x Shock troops, 1x Heavy Infantry; see previous post) once their shields are disabled.
- Continue using AMD and AFD to keep fighters and ship safe from any asteroids (also see previous post).
- Investigate possibility of using Gravatic Missiles (up to 36 available missiles) to change trajectories of asteroids and bring them into bring into the way of those destroyers.