Thread: The backup plan
View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2017, 14:26   #10
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all
Re: The backup plan

This set is very familiar to me and the alliance i played in (yes there's a few changes). Logic would dictate that ill be one of the player that would be in-favor of this set. I remember an alliance saw the most viable strat class/es (DE mainly, with 1/3 of ally using CO) for this, the few changes actually made DE better.

I am not in favor of this set to be rehashed, mainly because.
  • We need a fun set for a summer round, to make more players that is planning to skip the round consider playing - traditional defensive set won't achieve this
  • Generally, this game needs to try something new - summer round is a good timing to try something a bit experimental/new
  • On a non-summer round, there are only 2 alliance (the past 6 or so rounds atleast) that can be considered top-tier in running defense in this dying game. Oftenly running a defensive set every round isn't giving other alliance a chance to compete (i know sub-standard ally won't suddenly have a good shot just because of a stat set change - but still a puncher's chance)

I find Kaiba's set interesting, yes it has flaws (most he already addressed though). Maybe stats team can focus / exert energy in solving them.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote