Thread: Donations
View Single Post
Unread 13 May 2013, 01:09   #35
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Bullshit. There is no "spirit of the rules". There's only the rules, and there's nothing in the rules that forbids donations from and to the galaxy fund.
I agree that (resource)donations through any means(other than farming) isn't against the rules. But recent rounds have proven that it can give such an advantage(same as exiling) that we're no longer playing on a 'level' and 'balanced' playing field. I don't think it would be a bad thing to explore possibilities of restoring the balance in this.

One of these possibilities could be to limit the size of donations further, or to 'tax' donations to players that did not put the resources into the funds. This way you could ensure backhacking and latestarting remain viable personal strategies, but limit the overpowered advantage it gave to galaxies like 3.3 this round.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote