View Single Post
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 14:46   #31
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of
Re: Politics -> Planet Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
This is exactly why the ideas bad, from the minute someone joins a galaxy they are going to be treated as spies and arent going to be given the full opportunity to help. The ability to earn their trust (especially as you seemed to imply that sending defence is vital in earning trust with your previous post) is seriously hindered. And lets be honest here, a planet created to spy is a problem for each galaxy for 48hours, the people causing the real problem with spying are the ones who you trust but are handing every last piece of info over
the minute someone joins the galaxy huh? i don't know about you, but if someone paid joins my galaxy they are set as wanted for at least a day. if they don't show up on irc within that time, they are usually set as not wanted and exiled the next day (because they have basically showed that they have no intention of being useful in the galaxy). if they're unpaid, they are usually set as unwanted (just because of the chance to get exiled free from inactivity) but if they prove to be active and just aren't upgraded, we'll keep them and teach stuff about the game.

the point i think you aren't getting is that once you set someone 'not wanted' it isn't a done deal. if people are worried about them spying and incomings show from their alliance, then they could be set unwanted if the rest of the galaxy finds them a risk. after the incomings, however, odds are that they will be set back wanted. usually after a player earns a trusted tag and the galaxy is doing well with score, value, and cross defending, they will not give status out. this is probably due to most people in 'traditional' alliances getting most of their defense from the galaxy since 10% of the alliance usually receives 90% of the defense.

i think its pretty evident that most would like the option to prevent galaxy status from being leaked by new planets, soon to be exiled planets, or planets that haven't completely earned trust yet.