View Single Post
Unread 23 Jul 2006, 20:45   #64
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Yes.

My argument was "If those scanners/covops are classed as support planets, then so should the planets out of tag for 1up".

I wasn't calling for them to be closed or anything though. I wanted to know why there were different rules for (effectively) the same situation.
And that argument was promptly debunked. Waiting longer than other alliances to tag up is not the same situation or effectively the same situation as external cov-op planets. 1ups late tagging planets havent violated the letter or spirit of the support planet rule this round. Whether or not the cov-op planets have is up to PA team and has nothing to do with late tagging.

You are right about inconsistancy in the support planet rule, that rule and its enforcement are an absolute mess. And hey, there may be double standards in enforcement as well. It certainly wouldnt suprise me. But the fact that 1up planets havent been closed for doing something completely different than what the cov-op planets did is hardly evidence of a double standard.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse