View Single Post
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 13:16   #46
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: so Conspiracy theory care to comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Feel free to post somthing constructive. Nothing in that one line was construtive at all (alki post). My post is to point out, people outside of an alliance may think the tactics these 3 alliances played have been boring. But, as they are not within the alliance they dont witness the incoming and attacks taking place. (ie i could claim ND were boring and my reasoning for that would be i havent saw them launch an attack all round, which of course is false but i havent witnessed it so i can say that and its true?) Using ND as an example there. (i know full well what i just said is false before somone claims im bad mouthing ND i could of said any alliance)
I am terribly sorry, but we are not playing in private galaxies here. This means that I witness it whenever CT attack the VGN in my galaxy, whenever the VGN in my galaxy attacks CT, and it also means that whoever else is in my alliance and share a galaxy with someone from a top alliance can actually see these things take place! Amazing isn't it?

We don't see your defense channel, however we can see your galaxystatus and do jgps on you. We are not stupid, if we notice 2-3 galaxies being galaxyraided by an alliance, we can surely conclude that this alliance is not at war with these galaxies, it is in fact just going there for easy roids. Can't we?

Also, whenever something like a war happens in PA, the word spreads around netgamers like a wildfire in dry grass. For you to deny that we can't know what is happening without actually being there is silly, as it assumes there is no way for us observe without a membership. Clearly you see how this is false?

Quote:
Fact is your always going to get people posting on these boards about alliances they are not in claiming they are playing it safe, fence sitting, or just been boring in there pollitics. But my point still stands. Anyone can post stuff like that, but without actual fact i dont think it holds much.
Every way to play the game within the EULA is valid, and fine to play. Any alliance can play in whichever way they want. This does not mean that they will get any respect or avoid whines if they play in a way the community considers to be excruciatingly shit.

I'd say there are plenty of actual facts - like for instance CT roiding my planet 2 ticks yesterday, and 3 ticks the day before, while not even managing to put that many waves on a VGN with 2k roids in my galaxy. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about being roided. In fact I shouldn't care about this at all. What I voice is that I think CT (and the other 2 top 3 alliances) go about trying to win this round in a very silly way. I won't mention all the reasons why I wish that all the top 3 alliances imploded and let ND win (Never thought I'd say that), but I do have my reasons, and if the top 3 alliances didn't play in a way I deemed to be 'shit', I wouldn't have. I think the same applies to Alki, even if he didn't mention it.

Quote:
I agree most of the time they dont. However they still have that choice. But to respond to that i beleive last round TOF and 2 other alliances played a more active role in dictating pollitics? If i remmember correctly, we had a block, which forced ND to nap with exi early unless i am mistaken? (which might have cost them the round)

All alliances have a choice. Sitting back and moaning on here to me doesnt gain you any respect at all. Going out there and making an impact does.
Yes, ToF/VSN napped to Angels, which lead ND into napping eXi and gave us 4 shit weeks. However, (correct me if mistaken) I'm pretty sure that Angels took the initiative in this case, and I'm also pretty sure that both ToF/VSN finished inside top 5. You could hardly have picked a worse example.

Yeah, all alliances have a choice. Sitting back and waiting until the last week to try to get rid of your opponenets, and then frantically try to get a lot of support for hitting them does not gain you any respect from the community at all. Actually being active in politics and having an impact on the way other alliances play the round would.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote