View Single Post
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 15:30   #23
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Buddy packs/private galaxies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Choke View Post
Never, but I really mean never tell the public how long it could take to program. You don't know how the code is made, how the whole setup is, ... . In fact you know nothing to base your assuption on.
Having coded a similar game myself, made similar changes to said game, and being in general a decent programmer, I feel that I do in fact have some knowledge on which to base my very imprecise estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You cant really complain at how they've implemented it. As after all, this is basically a testing round for private galaxys.. If it works well and the PA Team decided they want to keep private galaxys in for the future, they will then refine the signup procedure and shuffle to accomodate them. Theres little point taking the time to code that at the moment incase after this round the PA Team decides they no longer want private galaxys.
You're right that this can be seen as a test-bed, and I hope that if PATeam do choose to stick with private galaxies they do refine the system. I do still feel disappointed that the time wasn't taken to polish off what is arguably the most significant change in PA's special 10 year celebratory round.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote