View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:17   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Leaving Stuff to the last minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
A time where your parents can be proud of you
I'd imagine the level of shame my mother has for me is pretty much constant except maybe when I mention that I'm about to start dating a girl nine years younger than me who takes crystal meth. I'm not sure if my "dad" knows he is my father so I doubt he's that interested tbh. But yeah I get that this sort of thing might be important to some, it's just I was slightly confused by pig's original post - I thought he cared which surprised me.
Quote:
and you will be able to bid farewell to a lot of people (often forever) which you shared those 3 years with.
For some reason I'm imagining some kind of musical montage here, like in those terrible American TV series. More seriously if someone is cool then it's easy enough to keep in contact in most situations. If they're not, I've no desire to say goodbye to them. Sorry for not being sentimental.

Getting back ontopic though :
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
he reason I think we do last minute stuff is because deep down those who are fairly smart (I may be ned deffeh but im not that dumb ;p) we know we can do a half arsed job compared to those who plan and work effectively.
I sometimes use this excuse too, although I'm not sure how true it is. I think more generally doing things at the last minute is "good enough" and therefore we get away with it. I think also perhaps that one fo the things schools should teach is proper project management so you don't feel the need for leaving things to the last minute.

As I've argued elsewhere, I'm not sure the human brain is particularly good at long term things - is there much call in nature for long slow mental processes lasting months - and certainly most people seem to prefer bursts of mental activity. The problem is that the tactic will eventually fail, depending on what you end up doing.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote