View Single Post
Unread 14 Jul 2018, 17:10   #55
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Remove EXP or nerf it to oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
I dont see anyone having more than obliquely mentioned the quests here. It seems to me that they have been a big contributor to the xping this round simply because there are so many roids sloshing around as the quests hand them out like sweeties and roids are a major component in xp gains.
So perhaps there should be less 30 of each roid quests.
I guess the flip side is that everyone likes having a wide choice of 1.5k roid targets every night.
If ppl dont want to switch roid quests to more bumper resource rewards and feel the old style xp rewards are dull then perhaps we could have a new type of reward say flagships - an otherwise unbuildable ship (probably a different one for each race) that would would be good but would be so limited in numbers that it wouldnt really upset the balance of the stats.
Possibly a too much of a headache for stats makers though.

Actually I think it's more that this round was a perfect storm. Stats with gaping holes. Quests that dumped vast amounts of resource value early on onto planets and uncapped mcs.

The roids didn't overly play a part. The round didn't feel excessive at any point for roid volume. The issue was cathar planets going top heavy on value at tick 400 after completing the covop tree. It created little nests of xp goodness that cr planets syphoned, who were in turned syphoned by the rest and then xan fr when in over the top on everyone with podgasm.

The stats should shoulder the vastness of the blame, followed by the quests. Xp was more a benefactor of those two.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote