View Single Post
Unread 5 Jul 2010, 11:52   #247
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I think Germany versus Spain is going to be a hard one to call, but I'd lean towards a Germany win. One thing that has to happen though is that they ditch Torres for either Pedro or Fabregas. One thing that noone has really talked about up until now is the defensive capabilities of Sergio Ramos. Ramos is without a doubt one of the better attacking defenders out there, but he has a nasty tendency to leave acres of space behind him and he WILL be punished for this when they meet Germany. Paraguay almost managed to do this a few times, but Germany 100% wil manage. That is also one of the reasons I think Spain should continue with two holding midfielders.
Well, I agree up to a certain point. He is a great attacking right back player. He makes great rushes, is able to defeat his opponent, has a really good cross and is always present and dangerous during corners. He's known to be a risky defender indeed, not always as secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
As for the other semi-final I'd say this is also a pretty tight contest, and I sincerely doubt we will see a lot of goals. People have been moaning about Torres being bad, but surely Van Persie has not been any better. NO way Van Marwijk is dropping him though. I'm gonna be surprised if Holland don't win it, but it will be tight.
Maybe he should have taken Van Nistelrooj with him after all. Because Van Persie hasn't been good indeed and Huntelaar hasn't impressed me either in the little time he played (his goal was basically a gift from Robben).

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote