View Single Post
Unread 5 Jul 2010, 11:44   #245
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

I think Germany versus Spain is going to be a hard one to call, but I'd lean towards a Germany win. One thing that has to happen though is that they ditch Torres for either Pedro or Fabregas. One thing that noone has really talked about up until now is the defensive capabilities of Sergio Ramos. Ramos is without a doubt one of the better attacking defenders out there, but he has a nasty tendency to leave acres of space behind him and he WILL be punished for this when they meet Germany. Paraguay almost managed to do this a few times, but Germany 100% wil manage. That is also one of the reasons I think Spain should continue with two holding midfielders.

As for the other semi-final I'd say this is also a pretty tight contest, and I sincerely doubt we will see a lot of goals. People have been moaning about Torres being bad, but surely Van Persie has not been any better. NO way Van Marwijk is dropping him though. I'm gonna be surprised if Holland don't win it, but it will be tight.