View Single Post
Unread 5 Jul 2010, 09:26   #238
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Imo Germany is the #1 contestor for the cup.
Yeah, I had my doubts after the relatively mediocre Serbia game (granted they played a lot of it a man down), but trashing England was impressive, and while it was still possible to put that down into crap England side, Argentina's not been that bad to warrant saying it wasn't Germany's complete dominance that made the game.

You just can't let them score the first goal and get into the fast counter play. I guess if Spain's able to keep the play slow and control the game while remaining concentrated in the back they'll have a good chance. Germany's just been a phenomenom though.

Quote:
Paraguay was decent but I wouldn't say that Spain stole the victory.
Yeah. It was written down when they sent in Pedro and Fabregas. I rate both these people above several that currently play (I'd drop Xavi for Fabregas since well, I think Xavi's been very mediocre, and yeah, possibly Torres for Pedro to bring in some energy and width).

However, Uruguay did steal theirs. Ghana could have mounted a challenge against the Dutch with the younger Mensah and Ayew returning from suspensions, but I guess it's safe to say Suarez's sacrifice could prove a big one for the Uruguayans. I'm so rooting for Ghana in four years, they've been an inspiration.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote