View Single Post
Unread 25 Jun 2010, 15:01   #214
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Right, so you went out of your way to negative rep someone for an Ad Hominem arguement and then follow with two of your own
Because I have reason to believe that your arguments towards me are not based on any factual basis but simply a misplaced belief that I'm for some odd reason I can't quite tell anti-American. You've proven your strong prejudice already by stating that you think people fancy Ghana over America because they're "anti-american". If you'd actually read the previous pages you'd noticed that this wasn't the first time I noted Ghana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolezy View Post
If you could see through your veil you might be able to actually have a discussion about the teams in question. At this point you've said absolutely nothing of football worth that backs up your statement about Ghana trashing the US, which is merely what I was asking about in the first place.
And your footballing contribution has to do with a claim that I'm somewhat anti-American and on those grounds stating something?

I've watched Ghana's games. I really fancy them for playing an attacking football and not placing 10 men in the box to defend. They're a young team (I can't remember if they're the youngest in the tournament, but they'll at least come close to Germany in youth) with a lot of talent (Ayew, Annan, Jonathan Mensah to name ones I've found particularily pleasing). Typically African, it's a very physically strong and fast team, and they showed against Germany how they're able to put holes in the arguably one of the strongest of defences consistently. What they've been lacking in finishing is the confidence, and I'm hoping they'll gain some after a well fought narrow loss to Germany.

They qualified off one of the tougher groups and performed admirably against a reasonably strong German side that has, unlike England (who have been piss poor for their standards, hardly "top England show") showed glimps of their quality in the group stages. They don't bow to primadonnas (you see Muntari on bench a lot for being a bit of a troublemaker, even if he's one of their "big names"). If this isn't their year, then four years from now they'll come back with more experience, more confidence, and a serious contender for later stages.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote