View Single Post
Unread 11 Sep 2010, 13:37   #22
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion Redesign

I cant really comment on your other ideas, as i dont really see what problem they're solving and i always heavily disagree with the idea that nerfing something down to its simplest form is better for new players, when all it tends to do is make the game more boring and static which lacks diversity.

Especially as overhauling the asteroid mechanic is a major change as Asteroids as are one of the main defining features of Planetarion. It'd have to be an absolutly awesome idea which solves everything and causes no other problems in order to even be considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Governments themselves are the thing that drives the "planet", why do you need a government if your the ruler of the planet. You would have advisor's. Doing it this way would give the idea more credibility.

But this also means that it would be good to have negative effects on your planet, for example increasing research (+20%) would decreasing construction (-20%).
I sort of agree with you, Ive addressed this in my updated design document im working on at the moment but dont really want to comment on it as i dont have it ready at the moment. Instead of governments and advisors, you develop social traits for your planet which have certain benefits and are mutually exclusive between each other. Basically, heavily influenced by the Civ5 new government mechanic, as i think it'd fit in perfectly with planetarion, be easy to understand, and allows for diversity/strategys.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 11 Sep 2010 at 13:45.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote