View Single Post
Unread 29 Jun 2007, 09:26   #33
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A moral question

it's about how far would YOU as a person be willing to go in order to help others. that is the moral dillema.
a grant that the government might issue or even money falling out of the sky is of no relevance.
so question at hand is how much of an altruistic person are you? give away your lunchmoney, your weekly income, or sell your house and declare bankruptcy on account of saving others.
I for one would assume there are a lot of lives to be saved, therefore i'd assess my income and how much money i can save (maybe drink a beer or two less when i go out or smth similar) and try to raise as much money as i can come up with, without significantly damaging my lifestyle.

one person can't save the world, but he can make a difference