View Single Post
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 09:42   #20
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Neural Network Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I would not say it has no goal, a chatbot generally has the goal of expanding its vocabulary so as to make better conversation, sadly this rarely works out though.
Then all chatbots are not implemented correctly, because the ones I tried just dive into meaningless conversations even though they probably had millions of conversations.

I once read about the implementation of a chatbot, which said that this particular one works with a database about subjects and related words and a very short term memory that keeps track of the subject being discussed. The moment you start talking about a subject it doesn't know about, or you try and change subject, it gets confused. Or when you mention a word that is linked to another subject, it suddenly changes subject.

I don't think a neural network would work for a publically accessible chatbot anyway. The neural network would rewire during a conversation to lay the appropiate links to create a context. Having the chatbot chat to multiple people at the same time would be like you talking to multiple people at the same time. Either that, or you need to create a seperate instance for every chatter, but that would be useless for learning purposes as I don't believe there's no way to merge two neural networks and get a desired result, as a chatbot's neural network would be so complex (assuming it's actually any good) for it to be merged and get a desired result.

I'm thinking, this subject is quite interesting. Perhaps I should go back to uni and do AI for a change.