View Single Post
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 17:57   #17
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: Changes to the ally system

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I'd have to disagree here. If we're aiming at the PA alliance rankings saying something other than "how much score did your members accumulate while intag" then surely being able to actually hold onto those members should be something we should try to take into account somewhat.
They gained the score whilst they were in your alliance, therefore, imo, the score is as much the alliances as the planets. You know as well as I do that people leaving alliances midround generally are spineless shipjumpers looking for protection and not people genuinely dissatisfied with a "crap" alliance and I think this would be somewhat of a reassurance to the alliance that gets screwed over by selfish members.

It would also allow alliances to take more of a chance on people who have no proven record or perhaps even a poor track record as it doesn't matter what they do (if they shipjump or end up shit), any score they do gain will contribute to your score anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Similarly I'd be opposed to the second part of your suggestion, if you can't control your members then I don't see why the game should do it for you.
I made this suggestion as an expansion of what Grog suggested originally to make it more tolerable, like I said, its extreme and I wouldn't necessarily be supportive of limiting defence fleets at all.