View Single Post
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 07:28   #1
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of
Changes to the ally system

Things I'd like to see changed in the ally system.

.1 If you leave a tag during a round, no matter the reason, you cannot rejoin the same tag during the same round.

.2 The score you contribute to a tag should always start at 0. Even if you've never been part of any tag before that point. The ally only gets the score you accumulate while you are a member of that tag. (I'm thinking this should also apply to hidden score, but can't see a simple way to implement it.)

3. Once a tag has reached it's member limit. No-one should be capable of applying for that tag until the tick after a member has been removed. So any adding or removing of members from a full alliance tag will be visible to everyone.
Alliances having 20 or 30 members lined up & waiting in the application process, accumulating score & waiting to be added, just makes it too easy for allies to abuse the member limit.

4. Limiting defense missions to inside of your galaxy or to your alliance should be hardcoded into the game. If you try to send a defense fleet out of galaxy to a planet not in your alliance, you get an error message & the fleet doesn't launch.

5. Politics should be hardcoded into the game & be visible to everyone.
I'm thinking the ability to offer & accept Nap's & alliances & ofc the ability to declare war on another tag.

If 2 alliances are set to NAPed in game, it becomes impossible for planets from either tag to launch attacks on each other.
This would go a long way in reducing the headaches that comes with being an officer or HC in a large alliance.

If 2 alliances are set to Allied in game, then the limit on defense missions gets expanded to include the allied planets. I'm thinking a joint Allied attack page could become available to members of both tags at that point.
If 3 alliances are all set to Allied in game, it becomes a block & a joint block attack page becomes available to members of all 3 alliances.

If 2 alliances are set to war, then I'm thinking there could be an XP bonus to planets of either tag when they roid planets from the opposing tag. Say 1.5X or 2X XP's when you roid a planet your tag is at war with.
Let's put some benefit into going to war.

Could set time limits for the expiration of these. Say 24 ticks after either side decides to cancel a NAP or alliance, the effects of it are removed.
I'm sure there are other benefits that could be added in game to encourage tags to use the in game politics instead of simply ignoring it & carrying on with business as usual.

Could have a politics page on the universe screen, where it's possible to see the Nap's, Alliances & Wars from every tag in the game. With maybe a ticker counting down the ticks whenever a NAP or alliance has been cancelled.

Open up politics to the masses & make it possible for smaller, less organized alliances to be involved in politics without the need for outside tools to keep track of everything.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote