View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 20:23   #62
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Re: funny in a 'these people should never be listened to' kind of way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
you have, so far as I recall, not on one single occasion expressed disagreement with the policies of the present administration; who are so undeniably, and inescapably, right-wing it's physically painful.
That may be true. I can't recall the contents of the about 990 posts I have made here. I can tell you that I believe that women should generally have the right to seek an abortion, something the current administration would like to restrict. That's only one thing, and a small one at that. And I don't recall that subject coming up on these forums so that I could share that with everyone.

I'm sure there are other things, but it would be pointless for me to actively seek out those things with which I disagree with the current administration. The current administration will remain until we elect another.

You have to understand that I'm Pro-American. I believe that a vast majority of Americans want to be the GOOD guys. Do we screw it up a lot. Yes, we do. But I'll tell you, we don't get a lot of help from some countries who also like to think of themselves as the GOOD guys. And I'm thinking specifically of two power houses, France and Germany.

The people of the United States would like to use whatever influence and power they have to make the world a better place. Is it working? Some would say it is not working at all. They may be right. We won't know until the revisionists have finished writing the history books; however, the governments of France and Germany are not trying to make the world a better place. They are trying to undercut the power and influence of the United States.