View Single Post
Unread 11 Sep 2010, 15:10   #23
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: Planetarion Redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I don't understand, what is there to balance, from a design point of view? Say you've got a very uneven system, in which metal is needed 4 times more than crystal and crystal 4 times more than eonium. Why is this a problem? Everyone will get roids in a ratio of 16:4:1 and the "problem" solves itself.
Thats if the new stats for Light's design are different that we have now, if it goes back to metal>crystal>eonium, then I see no problem (as long as other areas also vary the ratios. I dont want to see the current almost equal resource for everything.

Obviously I would think that some races use more of a resource in a paticular ship type (more Crystal in EMP, more Eonium in cloak). But never above any of the other resources.

What I would like to see is this in the resource breakup...

Ter Ships - Ratio: 10/5/2 (17)
Cat Ships - Ratio: 8/6/3 (17)
Xan Ships - Ratio: 7/5/5 (17)
Zik Ships - Ratio: 9/4/4 (17)
Etd Ships - As above for each ship damage type.

Ratio Key: M/C/E

The stats can be varied to match the current cheaper "swarm" ships with less power (16 or 15).

I also think that we should have the same M>C>E in the roid init.

Population
All other forms of resource spending could be removed in favour of population wages, so it only costs resource when using population. This could mean that as a player increases in size it also costs more to develop, if they use more pop.

This would lead better to a single resource (aka currency as I do keep pushing it), but I suppose the current m/c/e could be used to do it.

So instead of items having a cost, it would have a time taken, and the population wages would determin the cost. Including a small increase in wages the more population are used in an area means you can include more pop into an area but it will cost more and more.

Spies
Also recruiting from said population to be spies. This would need a change on the quantities I feel.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 11 Sep 2010 at 15:41.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote