View Single Post
Unread 11 Oct 2017, 14:55   #53
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Prizes for Top Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alezzar View Post
Didn't you say the reward I'm proposing is not worth the effort?

A quick question - 30% of 8400 is how much? Less than 3k. 1600 + 3200 (for the first 2 gates) - 4800 RP. Not even close to getting first two gates done (First two Hulls are 7200, first two cores - 7200 too). And this is if a planet wins both score and value which doesn't happen as often as one would think. It can be easily coded that if one bonus is used for RP, the other has to be used for CU, if that's what you are worried.

The reward for the winning alliance is too small and insignificant, + most of them have a nice group of HCs/Officers keeping the other members motivated to perform better.

It's more about feeling appreciated rather than because you actually need the credit/bonus. I already said that a mark of someway next to the planets of the players that got rewarded in the previous round might work a charm. Yes, they will have an advantage, yet everybody is going to know they do and probably target them some more.
Cat starts with 10500 RP. 30% takes it up to 13650. An increase of 3150. Cats maximum RPU is 250 per tick. That means by tick 22 cat could have Hypergate, Fighter Hulls to launch ETA 7 and by tick 42 HCT III to mine 500 roids. That is a ridiculous advantage for day 2 of a round.

I don't actually disagree that something needs to be done to 'reward' good finishes more in planet, gal and Ally, it's just I don't think your proposal is anywhere near the right solution. A few other posters here share that opinion too.