Thread: cpu choosing
View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 21:47   #14
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
my setup :

AXP2100+
Geforce 4 Mx420
1 80gig hdd.
1 cdrw

thats all you need to know pretty much.

i run one exhaust fan which is 80mm and the CPU came with a guaranteed Heatsink and fan. Ive hooked this upto my Hardcano unit which controls the speed of the cpu. When i set it to low the cpu idles at about 52 degrees C

the noise is minimal for a computer. admittedly its louder than my brothers P4 2.8ghz (goddamn ****sucker) but when i put it under the desk away from a bed its sleepable.

Im not entirely sure i need the exhaust either seeing as the AMD heatsink and fan comes with a guarantee to disspiate enough heat for the cpu to last for 3 years minimum. tbh if you do buy the cpu fan seperatly theres no such guarantees and while they MAY be slightly less noisy the AMD supplied one is not THAT bad. it has variable speed possiblities and when its not running full pelt and turned down to about 3000rpm its still keeps the processor cool.

id change the mobo to one which detects cpu and board temp tho. if you do want 'super quiet' its worth doing this especially if your not investing in watercooling. THat way if you do intent running minimal fans and the cpu does reach a level where its endangering its very existance the mobo will shut down everything.

Id highly recommend the Asus A7N8X (deluxe if yuo can get it). only 100 quid but its packed full of stuff.

have fun :-)
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote