View Single Post
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 13:09   #83
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Hi from a Jagex fansite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I would say getting in new players from anywhere in the world is welcomed
If being multi lingual helps great.

The problem here is that the community is by heart very English orientated and if that's a big problem to you then you'll probably have issues entering it. This isn't just due to an euro-centric approach, but because the English just happens to be a kind of an universal internet language. I'm not convinced translating the game interface to Chinese would really do much to Chinese-only players, since they're still stuck outside the English speaking community if they're unable to discuss (which we've established multiple times to be the true thrill of the game - the community and team play). I don't foresee this changing radically, or satellite communities establishing themselves.

Besides, "globalizing" the game wouldn't really result in much else that the underlying problem remaining: having to wake up at awkward times is bound to happen to some people, and it's hard to say a way to detach from it (which would in my opinion be the optimal solution, but this is simply a nature of a game that runs 24 hours a day and has real-time interaction in that kind). I do agree it's a problem, the time slide, however, I think you have the causality approach slightly flawed here.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote