View Single Post
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 06:56   #1
Hunter

Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
If Zombies Attacked...

There has been a Resident Evil-like zombie outbreak... but no one managed to save the day, and now the infestation is quickly spreading across the entire country. In a rare burst of sanity, the federal government has responded to the zombie outbreak by repealing all laws regulating on civilian ownership and use of firearms.

You have less than twenty-four hours to prepare before the undead reach your city. The roads are jammed to the point where it is absolutely impossible to flee, and worse yet the mayor is an utter idiot who is blocking all efforts to mobilize a militia force or fortify the town. On the bright side, the local gun store has expanded into a Third World-esque arms bazaar and is fully stocked with Russian and Western equipment up to and including antitank rocket launchers. Your local car dealership, likewise, has expanded its operations to include used (up to 1970s era) military vehicles up to light tanks.

What do you arm yourself with, and how do you proceed? Post both a budget-less version, and one on a budget.

Personally, I'd take this armored double-decker bus I had in a dream once... Too bad it'd require a bunch of my friends to be effective, and even then, we'd have to be in motion so we don't get swarmed. Or, pull up next to the side of a cliff or something, and just hose them down...

But since it'd be just me, here's what I'd pack...

Flak Jacket, with all those neat-o pouches and D-rings. Chainmail under it.
Motorcycle Riding Chaps. You know, very heavy leather leggings...
Helmet of some sort, that covers the back of my head and neck.
M-14, with plenty of magazines. That is a superior rifle to the M-16.
H&K MP-5, with a couple of magazines, biggest ones availible.
Colt 1911A Pistol for a backup, keep a clip or two in my pocket. Excellent gun.
Benelli 12-gauge Tactical Shotgun. 00 Buckshot and Slug ammo. Home Defense, baby!
Fragmentation Grenades. As many as will fit on my Flak Jacket. Then more at home.

This is the stuff I'd go out into the streets with, along with any other upstanding citizens who enjoy their Second Amendment rights, and draw a line in the sand. And then slaughter every Zombie that comes within a mile of said line

If I had to retreat to my house or something, I'd put metal bars on all the windows. Hell with boarding them up, Zombies are notorious for just punching boards out and reaching in. Then I'd have claymores outside my house, in a near-solid line. There'd be like 8 sets of them, so I can hit the same area many times.

Then I'd find some way to mount machine guns in the windows I intend on protecting. Don't know what type, perhaps M-60s, Vulcans, MG-42 (modern)s, or even a quad-fifty mount...

For my in-house weapons, I'd certainly have a few more Benellis floating around, along several more Colt 1911As, or other pistols... .50 caliber Magnums, if I ever find out if I can handle the recoil. Basically, stuff that's excellent in a CQB.

And, of course, I'd have my entire house rigged with C-4 packed with ball bearings, for when I get overwhelmed... I am not going down without taking every one of them with me...

The whole time, I'd have conveniantly placed speakers blasting out the piece called "The Battle" from Gladiator, "Duel of the Fates" out of Episode 1, Drowning Pool's "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor", among others. Possibly "Hell March" out of Red Alert...

If I wanted to fight off Zombies on a budget... well, I already have everything I'd need, really. Already own a 12-Gauge Tactical Pump Shotgun, with some sweet additions (laser pipper on target, extended magazines, etc.). Have a .357 Magnum, and a Beretta 9mm. All I'd have to buy is a bunch of ammo, the Flak Jacket with pouches and D-Rings, and a couple of frag grenades.

I'd buy some sort of armored vehicle, or else do some modifications to my Dodge Ram, like replacement the back cab with an open-top pickup-style back end, and get some buddies to stand in the back with their own guns... Maybe some other little extras, too, like a better push-bar than the ones I already have.

Oh, and I forgot to mention one thing... I own a chainsaw. Hail to the king, baby!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote