View Single Post
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 12:32   #14
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
Re: Beta/Provisional R21 Stats

i haven't been through the stats, because a quick look at them made me realise 5 things:

1) the increased armour and damage per costs doesn't realistically add anything to the game because the same efficiencies are being used as always. just divide them by 10, and you get the regular dpc/apc values. (e.g. harpy at 583 416 is actually 58.3 41.6) - the repercussions of this are simple. Instead of killing or losing 10 ships in an attack you will lose/kill 100. The only thing this adds to the game is more ships and the idea in your mind that they are more 'expendable.' Pointless imo.

2) There are 3 basic points to making stats that work. you make sure that every ship has a use, that there is at least one ship which can be used to defend any class of any race within its launch eta, and that every roiding fleet has at least one if not two options for some roids. from first glances and looking what people have said above, this doesn't seem like the case.

3) The efficiencies of roiding ships are inconsistent to their race and class, and overall inconsistency is rife between Pod Class ships:

Name, Class, dpc, apc, tpc
Illusion Fighter 322 215 537
Mosquito Corvette 421 184 605
Rambler Corvette 480 266 746
Vampyre Frigate 333 227 560
Privateer Frigate 416 177 593
Demeter Destroyer 600 150 750
Ironclad Destroyer 448 189 637
Hornet Cruiser 515 151 666
Leviathan Battleship 612 147 759
Baliff Battleship 392 151 543

Were the numbers plucked from the air? God knows. Sort it out.

4) Why is there not a field that says 'guns needed to stun' or empres/cost or 'cost per gun'. This is important - especially when you're changing the dpc and apc so drastically. (don't preach at me about how to work it out myself - i'm asking for the general/new player)

5) Nobody cares what I think except those who know me (via my alliances) and know that what I'll produce for their alliance when stats are final will be of use. Plus, ultimately, I'm not going to waste my time analysing these stats when they're blatently going to change A LOT over the next few weeks - if they don't work on paper why would they work on practice.

Like I said, I'll look at stats and lobby for changes when they're 'final' and then I'll be ignored - proving that nobody who knows what they're doing will actually know what they're doing. Ultimately, it's all pointless. My analysis and sugestions for change will be released a day after they are final.

- tux

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote