Thread: Reset time?
View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 12:43   #64
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Reset time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Chaos View Post
>I really don't want to engage in a discussion with somebody who says he isn't even playing this round. Anybody who isn't playing the round should stay out of this discussion, regardless of how much an expert on the universe and all things in it they feel they are.
This is ad hominem. If someone's opinions are incorrect, you should be able to point out flaws in their arguments. If you can't, you should reconsider whether you're right or not. If you're unwilling to, you should reconsider whether you should be taking part in the discussion in the first place.

Quote:
something that ofc 80% of the game does not like. Take a poll if you doubt that number.
No one is saying their point of view is the majority opinion... except for you, and you're just grabbing numbers out of thin air.

Quote:
As to ppl who say that these ridiculous specs are a breath of fresh air, or that we just need to adjust, keep in mind that any continuous online game has a following, and an expectation of certain things to happen in a game. We expect defense to be possible, we expect defense ships to be able to match the etas of attacking ships, we expect the races to be balanced enough that one can choose (ideally) any race and make a go of it with good handling of that race's specs.

None of these things are happening, which generally is just frustrating players.
This is a completely valid point, though personally I feel people have been spoiled a little by PA. Now, don't get me wrong, I agree that this round's stats are too offensive, and too imbalanced. But the game has been the same for so long, with almost no choice between strategies, and barely any variation in the dominant strategies between rounds. This has been going on for 25-35 rounds now, so it's natural for players to assume that it will continue indefinitely. Then a whopper like of a change like this round's stats comes along and it's like the world has ended. No wonder there's a backlash.

Quote:
When you change a game to this extent in one round, you lose a lot of players. Let's see how the signups look next round after this one, I am going to bet it drops.
I'll take that bet. I don't expect we'll see a significantly larger drop in players than usual. Let's say less than -50 players?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote