View Single Post
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:20   #38
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Rating Web Design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Acutally that was a subtle jab at your eyesight.
My eyesight is perfectly fine. In both directions.
Quote:
Here are some great sites that [bla bla bla]
The difference is that their designers do not come onto GD to ask us for our opinion. QDeathstar did, and now he is getting our opinion of his website, to which we reply that it is breaking some of the very basics of webdesign, and not in a good way.

If he can't take that, or you can't for some reason, you are perfectly justifiable in clicking that little x in the top right corner and sodding off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
Besides all that, leshy has never had anything positve to say about me XD
I'm afraid that says more about you than it says about me. The little blobs under your name seem to indicate a more general trend that might suggest you very seldomly contribute a positive note to these forums.

In short: it's not my fault if you're being consistently shit.
Quote:
I am interested however, in this "table based layout" being a problem... before i did tables, it looked shitty.. i thought everyone used tables?
People started using tables for layout back in the day because it made positioning relatively easy. However, the accepted method for layout design nowadays is CSS in combination with semantic HTML.

Granted, you will still see quite a few websites out there that still misuse tables, but it is a practice in decline and that will become obsolete despite a number of people clinging to them because it has been a standard practice for quite some time - and sticking with what you know is frequently preferred to innovating and staying with the times.

If you want to read more about CSS layout techniques, http://glish.com/css/ would be a good place to start out, although I'm sure that with some relevant keywords Google can offer you a great number of places to learn more about this.

Last edited by Leshy; 1 Oct 2005 at 17:28.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote