View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 16:57   #1
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Joined separate but departing together

Well its been a long and eventful ride. Dovey and I have been playing this game for a good long while now. While Dovey and I have both been playing since round 3, we actually 'met' during one of my political tirades during pre-round 5 beta. It is an interesting, if not inappropriate story I assure you. Lets just say it had something to do with me (unaware Dovey was female) telling her to do certain acts in an effort to agitate. A friendship sprung forth from there (after profuse apologies for talking to her like that) and eventually it grew into something more. And here we are together.

Our PA 'careers' have pretty much run the gamut. We both worked our ways through and up in some notable alliances. Dovey got me started by getting me into ViruS in round 6. Round 6 was indeed interested being in c24 and making contacts that I would keep up till now. It also showed me how cliquish PA can be and really reminded me a lot of high school in a lot of ways, although with the age and maturity level here I guess I should have seen that one coming.

Round 7 I left for bigger and better things (Fury) while she stayed loyal to ViruS and worked up the chain of command there. Round 7 we played with some of our best friends from planetarion and participated in possibly the best cohesive galaxy ever, unexpectedly winning round 7 at the very last tick. Dovey ended up t25 and myself, t20.

Round 8 Dovey played for ViruS again, coordinating a battlegroup and assisting in day-to-day operations, while I idled out as a RaH officer occasionally handling a few defense calls or an attack here or there.

At the start of round 9 we both got involved with Olympians on a whim, not really knowing anyone there very well at all. It turned out to be one of the best decisions we had ever made regarding PA. I have never worked with a more mature group of individuals in this game. It was such a joy and comfort to work with Olympians. We both were promoted for R9.5 - Being US central time-zone I ended up handling the 'witching hour' for defense, and not to brag (ok maybe it is to brag) but I don't recall a single ship or roid lost under my supervision because of our stellar member support and Dovey's assistance with scans and offloading def calls in stressful times. Somehow they saw fit to promote my sorry ass again, this time to command. It was great fun to help out with things internal and external to the alliance. I only hope I was able to put back what they gave me as an alliance.

I just want to thank everyone for being here, and being part of this game, because the truth of the matter is, without you, it wouldn't be the same. We have both thoroughly enjoyed our time here, we just think its time to get on with our lives and move on to more productive ways to spend our time, with Dovey moving here within the next year and all.

Anyway... Thanks again,

Deven and Dovey signing off.

Last edited by SpazMonster; 18 Jul 2003 at 02:23.
SpazMonster is offline   Reply With Quote