View Single Post
Unread 1 Apr 2007, 02:59   #26
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
Re: Beta/Provisional R21 Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
How about using R18 stats? That set was originally made by tux, found utterly poo, then improvements were implemented through a shout contest on a private channel of a certain alliance. They weren't "horrendrous", but simply not "good" either.

There's been better sets.
edit: drunk and a little upset, ill re-read this in the morning

people forget that the round 18 stats weren't horrendous, and were the last truely value-based stats we've had. personally i got extremely frustrated because my stats weren't my stats in the end, so i'll set the record straight one and for all...

i will admit that near the end i was asking in the exilition private channels (and several other alliance channels - subh and f-crew and a couple more i cant remember) for dc's opinions on the stats as i am a very attack-minded player. perhaps that was wrong of me, but i needed to ask the people who would be dealing with the defensive stats on a day to day basis - and people who could look at the stats in a defensive frame of mind. (people like nitina for example)

before i left on holiday (unplanned surprise from my father so it wasnt my fault for commiting to something that i couldnt complete) xan had fi/de fleets, and when i checked back in after about 3 days they magically had fi/fr fleets - with the xan fr being pretty much useless (beyond repair). as a result the anti-fr fleets were changed, meaning that the zik fr fleet became so crap that the only way to fix it was to make it a pure kill fleet, which wasn't what it was for and goes against the essense of zik.

then, literally 10-15 people were in my pm EVERY DAMN DAY (i have logs) whinging for the pulsar init to be lowered so it shot before the pegasus and to keep traditional aspects of the game the same (e.g. all xan inits between 3 and 6, cath kill inits at 10, etc...), but the pegasus was already having its own problems because the only zero-loss anti-ter de became the terran harpy, meaning the more terrans in the universe, the more anti-terran fleets there would be which negated the whole idea. the lack of a changes log book also made it impossible for me to catch-up on all the changes that had been made while i was away, and subsequently i had to waste 3hours doing a complete re-analysis --- before appoco removed my stats-editing access making it impossible for me to make the changes that were needed.

oh my god..... not to mention the problems everyone had with the joke-name 'perriwinkle' - obviously it was going to change, but so many people made such a big deal about it that i almost wanted to keep it the same in the end (hense the Pillager's description being along the lines of 'an upgraded periwinkle)

at this point, because i was on holiday and spending more time in the IT lab than the beach i gave up and let appoco and paisley and several others ruin the r18 stats, because they no longer resembled the stats i approached appoco with at the start of the alpha stage and there wasnt enough time to fix them.

so now... i get people like benneh who used to be a relatively good friend slagging me off because i took the lead (and the fall) on a sub-par set of stats on an interefering team who had no idea wtf they were doing, or the reasoning behind several ships and their efficincies - and everyone here gets on the badwagon and negreps me? wtf is that about?

thanks for reducing my years of involvement and contributions to 4 red dots.
my analysis and suggestions for change will come tomorrow.

-tux

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]

Last edited by -Blue Moon-; 1 Apr 2007 at 03:15.
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote