View Single Post
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 06:20   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If God was real...would you love and obey?

Let's just assume that everything in the Bible is indeed true. Yes Jonah was in a whale for three days and came out alive, Joshua stopped the Sun (because indeed the Sun revolves around the Earth), everything was made in 6 or 7 days or whatever, Jesus turned water to wine, and all that other nonsense was true.

Overcoming this disbelief I'm faced with a choice. Knowing that God is real means knowing that judgement day is real too. The choice has two possible consequences: be with God after death in Heaven or suffer for eternity in Hell. What is the choice? To love and obey God, or not (accept Jesus as your savior etc).

With this decision thrust before me I would chose to suffer eternally. Why? Because **** Him. Where do you get off creating people just to make them suffer? This being does not share my ethics. If I created humans or any life, I certainly wouldn't create any death or sickness to spoil it for them. I certainly wouldn't do it just because I made some stupid rule about a some fruit and then they broke it, and especially if I knew before I made the rule that they would break it and so then so create my own justification for creating horrible and eternal suffering for my own creation. What a bunch unintellectual bullshit.

Anyhow, assuming it was true, **** Him. I don't care what He demands. He can demand all He wants. **** his punishment. I'm not frightened. I'm probably going to die from a painful case of cancer of some sort anyways because of his 'love,' I certainly don't want anymore of that.

I'm not going to love someone, or obey someone perennially, because she or he put a gun to my head.

I care about people I trust, that I share the same values with, that have compatible personality with, that I can depend on, that are visibly there for me without any equivocation in times of duress. Not distant abstractions nor famous celebrities.

Outside of employment, I obey people who are the responsible authority, people I respect and admire, and others in various situations. I don't perpetually obey anyone blindly, ever, and I don't intend to change that for any reason.

I have yet to see someone provide me, beyond evidence for God's existence, a worthwhile argument why I should care one bit for that ultimate asshole of assholes.

On judgement day I'll face him, and just before the Angel of Death throws me into that burning fire I'll tell him:

**** you, you ****ing cock sucking bitch. You should throw yourself in that fire. You created disease, you created war, you created death, motherless children, poverty, destitute, desperation, starvation, pests and all suffering. It is you who is responsible for any tear, shriek, cry, or howl that was ever produced. It is you who is responsible for heartbreak, lies, theft, and bullet ridden bodies. Where were you, almighty god when little boys and girls were buried by their parents? Where you when any cries of mercy were not heard by those facing brutality and viciousness? It is you who is guilty! How dare you judge anyone, how dare you make anyone suffer, how dare you, you who has nothing to fear, judge mortal beings. Any mortal being is a greater thing than any heavenly creature.

Or something along those lines.