View Single Post
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 12:23   #8
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Lunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of light
Re: A Ranul Tech Charity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I think what Plaguu is saying and rightly so, is that although this charity idea is great maybe all the profits should be reinvested into the game until it is a growing enterprise, when its on the up maybe we can look at sharing the wealth but until then it should be spent on things the game needs, even like paying one of the community's numerous graphic designers a nominal amount to draw some graphics for the game.
Think about it this way: instead of me taking some money out of the company to line my pockets, I am sending that money to charity, and asking the community for some direction as to which charity to donate to. If you don't like this, then I'm sorry.

As a second point: if sufficient sums of money were donated that it would undermine growth prospects for the game, this would not be a good thing by any metric: it would reduce profits, it would reduce game players etc, and it would reduce the total sums given to charity. In short, it is in the interests of any charitable giving for the game to grow.

There is no "reinvest in the game OR give to charity" tradeoff being made here. The game is being invested in: for example, more money is being spent on advertising than on any other cost, with more money to be spent on advertising.