View Single Post
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 02:16   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Discuss] The Removal of the Prelaunch option

I find myself agreeing with Wakey (!!!). Also, as a DC having people who can send prelaunched defence is wonderful, such as Corsairs at ETA 7+2 to wtfpwn some Poor Cath ('lo furball ), or even if tis just one tick with Arrowheads on FR etc. Having prelaunched fleets makes it so much easier for people to send def, then go to sleep for a bit and then come back to recall at ETA 4 etc.

Prelaunched attacks (of which i have considerable experience being a Visionary ) have the inherrant disadvantage of showing up in a JGP. Most active planets JGP themselves with their returning fleets (provided they didnt got all out for Jammers ofc), and would thus get heads up on potentially large incoming. Whilst it makes it frustrating for them, as they dont know when it will actually come inbound, there is always the potential for a retal fleet (or six) to be sent as that planet would soon have its fleet out - and thus un/under protected.

I think prelaunch is a good thing.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote