View Single Post
Unread 14 Jun 2005, 23:00   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Discuss] The Removal of the Prelaunch option

if you had asked this question in the first week I would have agreed with you, in fact I raised the issue with kal at the start of the round. However by the end of the round I had changed my mind on it and alot of that has to be due to embracing the more attacking nature of the round. I dont know about other alliances but at F-Crew we have always promoted the Defence First Attack Second pov and that conflicted with the current rounds attacking priority. However once you adapted to the differnt style pre launched added to the the enjoyment of the round for most of the smaller alliances, yes they were getting a shed load of incoming, more than they could generally cover (but that would have been the same even without prelaunch tbh) but it allowed the smaller alliances to hit larger targets than they would have otherwise which allowed any losses to be covered and made the game more enjoyable for all. Its not something I'd ever have thought I'd say as I'm as defensive as they come but this games its most fun when its attack attack attack and pre launch promotes this.

Also Prelaunch has one fantastic undocumented features for the less hardcore players. One of the most demoralising aspects of the game is coming back from being afk to find you have had a kill fleet sent at you and youve not only lost roids but your ability to get roids back as you have lost your ships. Prelaunch allows you to set your ships to head away any time you may be gone for more than 7 hours as you can set it to a +11 launch and even if an attack lands these ships wont then take part in the battle

Also connected to this is the fact that you can send ships away without leaving yourself shipless for future ticks because it takes no ticks to get them back home. Its also a safeguard when scanning because even if its close to the tick you arent going to end up miss recalling

Finally its probally only going to help the larger alliances, smaller alliance members often wont be around in much larger numbers than they are now and the larger alliances generally disallow prelaunch anyway so they wont get that much advantage either
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote