View Single Post
Unread 21 Jul 2011, 16:15   #87
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nighttime protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
not as dramatically as nighttime protection would. tbh that isn't the most thought through suggestion, and is mostly meant to make gaining xp more rewarding. Making XP something you can actually use to improve your planet other than just some dead score.

PA is a round-the-clock tick-based game that runs in rounds of 1177 ticks. The goal of the game is to grow value. You can grow value by 'planetincome(constructions)' and mainly roids. Usually the cheapest way to get roids is to steal them from other players.

As an additional scoring mechanism XP was added in PAX. However, when you look at the rankings each round the top 100 mostly exists of top 100 value players. (currently 86 out of the top 100 are also top 100 value). To me this means that XP isn't a solid scoring mechanism.
The XP suggestion was also suggested by myself a loooooong time ago: See http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198148. It never got much attention, but i always thought it would make gameplay more enjoyable. Anyways, this is not the topic of this thread, and i would not want the thread to digress into other topics.