View Single Post
Unread 21 Jul 2011, 12:26   #69
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: Nighttime protection

My apologies for being pedantic but people who assume too much in their arguments, gah. Then to claim it was trolling, oh my.. just please I've already asked why did you start the hostilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
People in off-zones have to sleep too.
A mandatory sleep mode, without other consessions, would probably encourage zoneism: being the only American in a European galaxy would be rough, because your sleep mode timing would be off, making it much harder for you to get galaxy defence. Dangerously meta, this, though.
I already brought this up but apparently it is too meta. Of course he's then willing to discuss the impact of a larger amount of players in the game. I'm shouldn't have to mention the fact that metagames are often considered when changing/developing a game and alpha/beta testing are methods we can use to understand it before full release.

Again with the arrogance above though. I have to ask why the ego Tietäjä? You clearly value your own opinion above and beyond everyone else's no matter what they say.

Quote:
I'm fully aware the ratio is the same. The fact that mathematical relationships doesn't change will not ensure however that human psychology also won't. Generally, people have been whining about how little targets there are because of the small amount of planets. Take comfort here. A larger amount of planets won't change anything because the ration stays the same, you mean? How come, through the history, people have considered 'more planets, better', even though one CAN assume that 'most ratios remain same'.
At least Mzyxptlk offered data to support his reply, all you do is get on your high horse and come up with BS like that ^.

Mz, if your stats are true, which I don't doubt they are, you are suggesting that player increase == target increase but not an increase in attackers. This was essentially I think what Tietäjä was arguing with the above. Now to me this says one thing, and that is bashing. If the ratio stays the same but there are now more targets, there is unquestionably just an increase in in-actives to bash. If you like to bash then fair game but I don't see how this helps the playerbase in the longterm, as "bashees" just quit and bashers just complain there isn't enough off people to bash.

If my older posts are getting deleted for the record I want my original point here too:

If being in sleep mode means max benefit from the game (IE rewarded like an active players is rewarded except while asleep) then what motivates players to stay up and defend the players in their gal/alliance with incomings from the the aussies/americans. In turn why are they being rewarded for sleep mode? VAC mode has been in the game years and is essentially the same thing but for a far longer period, you don't get anything.

Quote:
Allowing a 'hard' sleep mode is of course relatively rough an approach. But it would probably cover a larger sphere of things people find uncomfortable Alternatively, you could expand the social side, by allowing an 'alliance/galaxy defense fleet slot' and assigning fleet to it, and then a minister/alliance officer could freely designate defensive missions to these fleets. This'd be slightly unorthodox since it'd essentially be OH DEAR GOD ACCOUNT SHARING IS IT, but it'd do something. It's, however, a different subject altogether.
Did you even read the post where I suggested something like this?