Thread: Rooney
View Single Post
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 23:44   #39
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
Re: Rooney

In the End how about I put some perspective on this.

He's got the startings of an Alan Shearer, but he isn't an Alan Shearer yet, he's just been thrust into the limelight sooner which I don't know is a good thing, the value on his head is for a striker like Shearer in his peak (adjusted for inflation) but you aren't going to get that out of him for another 3 years if shearer's career is anything to go by.

Alan Shearer on his peak form for England is by miles and away better than Rooney has and will perform in this tournament, hence I think Rooney is radically overhyped, Shearer Destroyed Holland in '96 for example back when Holland were considered a dangerous team advent Ajax generation.

He is not better or more outstanding than pele, he is not worth 50 million currently (I can't imagine paying 50 mil and the wages that would go with it now would be in anyway retrievable in years to come) he is scoring against sub-par international sides with non top league class keepers imo and in some cases non top class defenders and that doesn't surprise me, all he could do against a world class defence and keeper was get shown up and dive for a penalty.

As Kura would say to Leshy.

SCHTOP!, This striker isn't ready yet!

p.s. I think this is more overreaction to the severity of the match, if your strikers and midfielders hadn't come out on form today they would of been villianized like Saddam, Osama and George Bush. The fact that you won a match that was incredibly important has you praising them like the total opposite... overreaction I Say overreaction, they performed as they should of performed and for that they deserve credit but they don't deserve idolisation like greek gods.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote