View Single Post
Unread 10 Mar 2012, 22:50   #12
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Payment for Scanners ?

The topic has really strayed from it's original intent. That said, I'd just as soon seen scanners over a certain number of amps get free scans if they belonged to the #scans.priv channel. That and the scanner would have to not be in an alliance. Thus for those few (and I mean few) people who scan merely to stay in the game to talk to friends could play without having to really play. I can't believe I said that.

Let's face up, PA is a social network using an outmoded game as the central theme to keep people busy when they aren't socializing. There are hard core who play to win, but even those people generally are here for their friends. We play to be with friends. Most players have played for many years. We grew up with PA and just didn't leave when our REAL LIFE turned truely real.

I'm no gamer, just an individual with friends all over europe due to this game. I hate to lose track of the people I know. Even the alliance I remain in is hardly a contender, it's again a social club trying to play PA. Maybe someday it will be more, but only time will tell.

All the new changes since about r29 are nice to try and lure new players but it has barely helped. PA still has a real shortage of players. Give the scanners a break. The scanners just want to be loved, and love to talk. Maybe a scan alliance funded by PA, I dunno. We aren't attracting a new player base with the current game, I can't imagine why anyone wants to keep it going, it has to be a money losing affair.

That opinion and about 30 euro will buy you a cup of coffee most places.

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Crantor is offline   Reply With Quote