View Single Post
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 14:31   #10
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: There is a special hell waiting for cops who shoot innocents dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Most explosives in use today are stable - you don't want to be carrying around something that can be set off by a bit of a knock in a backpack/hand luggage - because if it did it would almost certainly go off before you got to the target. This is why the failed london bombers (and presumably the other ones too) had explosive detonators, as it requires a bit more than a bit of string and a match to set these things off.
does 'most explosives in use today' include the kind of stuff you make out of fertilizer in your crazy guy basement lab?

i certainly agree that any military grade or commercially available explosives will be stable, and likely a well-planned terrorist event will involve stable ones as well. but i can't imagine anyone thought that crazy dude here was a part of a 'well-planned terrorist event', and my money would be on nitro-glycerin based home-made explosives not being gunfire-stable.

but it's not my area so i really couldn't say anything with confidence.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote