Thread: Congrats ND
View Single Post
Unread 26 Aug 2011, 15:18   #102
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: Congrats ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
This is correct.

I think however I would change the wording. You could make an argument for an alliance such as rock or ND to be a great alliance, for all they have done for the game.
And I wouldn't for one second suggest rock on their first round go all out war on someone to win. It could easily have broken there and then, they got a spanking and went their own ways and the game would be poorer for it.

I think I prefer wording 'a winning alliance' and by that I would define it as an alliance that wants to win the round, and appreciates they will either finish 1st of 8th, but 2nd place is not an option AND by politics and military might, puts itself in a position to win. I think this is what you refer to.

Very few alliances in planetarion can claim to be 'winning alliances' by the definition given (and I don't mean by winning a round every so often).

These would be (but not confined to):

Fury
Exilition
1up
Asc

None of those alliances would back out of a war in order to risk a position that wasn't #1.
Asc won 7 rounds
Apprime won 5 rounds

in my opinion, only those two alliances had, and still have, a long time influence on both politics and deciding who wins what.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote