Thread: fat disease?
View Single Post
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 17:08   #16
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: fat disease?

wow, i got neg repped for having an opinion. by someone who didn't even post on this thread. if you would like to call me narrow minded then at least give an effort to try and enlighten me. you'll find i have quite the open mind if the opportunity is there.

now jc has a point which has made me rethink my point of view on this topic, however a fault in your LDL receptors isn't exactly a disease now is it?

now maybe i should reiterate my stance on this. i will consent that a disease 'may' cause you to gain more weight than normal. but i don't believe 'i have a disease' is an excuse when you don't make any effort whatsoever to lose the weight. my assistant manager for example. i wasn't exaggerating or making things up. my typical day at work with her is i come to the store in the morning, she's eating mcdonalds. then later she gets a coke. then she gets lunch which is most likely mcdonalds, then later she gets another coke and a chocolate bar, all day long she sits in the back doing 'paperwork' that funnily enough takes the manager about 10 mins total to do. yes maybe she has a disease... but saying 'i can't lose weight because of it' without even making an effort is what i'm saying is wrong. if she was going to the gym constantly, stopped with teh coke and mcdonalds, and made an effort to eat healthy, and she still wasn't losing weight, then yes she could use her disease as an excuse.

does this make better sense than my previous posts?