View Single Post
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 10:42   #106
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: A request to angels HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Oh i got it sid, I just dont agree that accepting planet naps whilst rejecting the same action for your own members is an acceptable way to act.
I find this an interesting point of view.

ND were never as terrifying a prospect as 1up, so we didn't have the ability to mass planetNAP the opposition. However, I considered it a perfectly reasonable tactic and used it. And I made it perfectly clear that I would kick anyone we proved had a planetNAP.

Personally, the boundary of what is acceptable is that you do not do anything that is cheating or anything that is going to ruin the game. Within this framework I would work for the benefit and enjoyment of my alliance. planetNAPing the enemy is letting down your friends and allies, and is perfectly worth removal from the alliance IMO, in the same way as refusing to defend or attack with the alliance. PlanetNAPing enemy planets reduces your amount of incoming and so is good for your alliance. If the other alliance HC can't prove or only put up with that, then it's their own damned fault as far as I'm concerned.

Given that I do not know where your boundaries of what is acceptable lie, how do you feel about the following:

- Attacking alliances that're in your way, even if they haven't attacked you first? Is the fact that you target an enemy alliance without being hit with full force unacceptable? What if the other alliance is stronger than you, and you attack them with someone else, and they retaliate against the 'someone else' rather than you?
- Allying or NAPing other alliances in order to improve your chance of winning. Do you have to wait for another alliance to do it first in order to prevent yourself from being hypocritical?
- Having spies in other alliances. Is it hypocritical to kick people in your own alliance you find spying whilst you have spies in other alliances? Or if you do, do you have to accept that people in your alliance will be spies and let them gather as much info on your alliance as your spies are gathering on the other alliance?
- Organising fleetcatches on members of other alliances and not organising fleetcatches on members of your own alliances. Is this also hypocritical?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote