View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 19:59   #32
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

From the Beta Forums ::

Ship Stats
1. Cath cant have 3 co ships plus pods as it makes them far too strong. This was discussed last round with the xans having 3 fi class ships and it was thrown away and the same argument stands for any race.

2. the investor cant be int 9 as a steal ship as its unfair on the ziks and overpowers the etd again.

3. change the zik stats

4. little more changing overall with the stats as they are dressed up dressed stats of r21 that have been the 'same' for afew rounds now.

5. the merchant e/r is too high for a cloak ship. cloak ships have a lower e/r as they have an advangage already.

6. the baliff needs to have lower costs damage and armour. this doesnt change much but keeps the ratio the same but in the combat engine makes the pods die along with the other etd bs as previously the etd pods died last making crashing advantageous over the other races. (if crashing can ever be a good thing.. less worse should i say)

7. Broker has too many guns

8. last round zik and xa were worst race to play and these stats buff the cath/terran/etd if anything the etd need a bad round since they have been strong for afew rounds. the non stat bonus' are insanly high so the stats need to be weakend to compensate.

9. Why is the shadow int so high??

10. The e/r of afew ships (ziks and most race's SK's seem wrong)

Written by KoKs Mon Aug 13 23:24:09 2007
1) Im with koks mostly, however long ago ships had multiple targets, primary and then a weaker seconday, donno how that would fit but could be a nice expansion.

2) Steal ships shooting before normal....now wai!

3)Zik fr and de attack fleets are still easily owned. Maybe switch it so there is 1 kill and 1 cap ship in each.

4) -

5) I like the high e/r, if needed get rid of the cloaked status, but as a pure def ship nobody masses them and they flak xan nicely.

------------------------------------------

My points >

Removal of ranger buffs terr bs which now targets and kills all anti-bs except for drakes, they had a strong round last time, dont make it easier. Same with etd bs, they now target all anti-bs def.

Bomber now own both the zik and xan fr att fleets, theye were the weakest races last time dont make it harder.

Written by -Benneton- Mon Aug 13 23:37:40 2007
1) Im with koks mostly, however long ago ships had multiple targets, primary and then a weaker seconday, donno how that would fit but could be a nice expansion.

2) Steal ships shooting before normal....now wai!

3)Zik fr and de attack fleets are still easily owned. Maybe switch it so there is 1 kill and 1 cap ship in each.

4) -

5) I like the high e/r, if needed get rid of the cloaked status, but as a pure def ship nobody masses them and they flak xan nicely.

------------------------------------------

My points >

Removal of ranger buffs terr bs which now targets and kills all anti-bs except for drakes, they had a strong round last time, dont make it easier. Same with etd bs, they now target all anti-bs def.

Bomber now own both the zik and xan fr att fleets, theye were the weakest races last time dont make it harder.

Written by -Benneton- Mon Aug 13 23:42:46 2007
id suggest changing or cath cr targets as they are far too superior and the only attack fleet that targets anything that targets them

Written by Entropy Tue Aug 14 09:41:15 2007
1. Right
2. Make it Init 21, cause ETD ships should be worse then Ziks cause they are just weak "copies"
3. Zik Stats are fine now, i played some last round, and with the improved Corsairs they will be even stronger
5. Right, Merchant is too high, Voyager is too low
6. Just make them cost as much as a Broker/Tycoon in average and its done

Written by Project Tue Aug 14 14:27:23 2007
I think Zik need some stweaking. my suggestions, some stolen from the chan:

Cutlass to DE-steal, Cutter to co-steal, Pir to bs-kill and Rogue to bs-kill.

Why? Zik are so effin weak against ter-bs. Give pirs a lower init that wyverns and its fairer.

or: Switch Buccaneer to fi-kill and thief to fi-steal
why?

DE-fleets are so darn inefficient. All anti-de shoot before them, and they suicide at stealing. So, making buccs killers would make it easier to use em.

Also, it would make both fleets having a killer/stealer.

Written by SuMa Tue Aug 14 16:33:01 2007
Also, The whole stealing-formula is bad.

First, they get shot by anti-ships, then they suicide when stealing.

and they cost like hell

So either drop the init, or drop suiciding.

Written by SuMa Tue Aug 14 16:33:58 2007
Um, and i say it again, lots of people did well with Zik last rounds, changing the stuff back as it was before will make them even stronger.

@Suma 2nd post
Yes Ziks are not easy to play.
Yes stealships have worst init in game
They cost like hell is a stupid argument, all the steal Zik-Stealships have really great stats.
=> The great stats compensate the bad init, AND THEY STEAL.

Noone needs uber-race, so zik is fine as it is, they are vulnerable to lots of attacking fleets until they steal a nice bunch of ships, but then zik is absolutely hard to attack.

@Suma 1st post
Stealing Thief = Ability to steal without losses -> BAD
Cutlass->DE no way cause Cutter->CO see reason above
YES Zik are bad against ter-bs, but why shouldnt it be that way? Get shot first and then steal through hard armor is never fun.
The Rogues are btw one of the best ships ingame, you dont want it to be changed Smile

Bucc to FI-Kill makes no difference, the init should stay the same, and as there really should be no zeroloss fi-stealer, bucc to fi-kill is out of discussion

de-fleets are a bit weak, but the banshee-remake should change that a bit Smile

Written by Project Tue Aug 14 17:40:21 2007