View Single Post
Unread 16 Dec 2008, 23:29   #152
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bring back private galaxies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
Point is, you are only in the position where you can now defend properly in galaxy because of no incs for the vast majority of the round, thus the less active people in your gal actually have decent fleets instead of crap. The first two weeks is key for any gal wanting to be big and also key for the randoms. Your strat of keeping half active players only worked because of circumstances outside your control (this is otherwise known as luck) and a little because of no-one crashing/being fat (on that note I totally disagree with booji/londo hiding value in this gal, they should have dropped it much much sooner to make the gall look more unattractive to hit and have more ships to def with but in the end it didn't really matter since the gal wasn't involved in the war). You can plan to avoid inc to some degree but this round, this specific gal just got lucky, be thankfull for that instead of thinking it had anything to do with how you played.

Trust me on this, I've been in gals where we had little inc and therefor the randoms did well, I've also been in kickass gals where the randoms couldn't hold on to more than 300 roids because of constant inc, obviously the bp will prioritize eachother when being targeted more often, you simply need to.
As i said previous, i only mentioned my galaxy to show how my galaxy has helped randoms have a good round.. which is the point of this thread.

Weither you agree with my galaxy deserving to be where it is or if it was pure luck is irrelivent (Although i would add, that any galaxy in the top10 owes its place to luck or mainly due to Asc.. as they seem to be the alliance who decides exactly what place each galaxy finishes).

but the fact that you've said that you've been in galaxys where randoms have had little incs, is my point. That the buddy system in generals helps the randoms more than any private galaxy system would.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote